Saturday, February 28, 2009

Aaaacccckkkkk! What is this, a joke???

So much for spring! The snow started falling before dawn and it's still falling. Visibility is poor and roads are slick. We're not going anywhere. Keith spent a few minutes shoveling out the driveway but soon decided to wait and let the sun take care of things tomorrow. By Wednesday and Thursday temperatures are expected back in the mid-70s.

Well, I found my steam mop but was a little disappointed when I saw the size of the water reservoir and the length of the cord. I tried it out on my kitchen and hallway tile floors and it worked like a charm. It turned out the small reservoir was enough to complete the job but I did have to plug and unplug the cord a few times to reach everywhere. It did a wonderful job, floors got very clean and there were no streaks to be seen.

I'm going to wait to tackle the floors downstairs until this snow melts. No point in doing it now as the dogs love playing in the little drifts and will be going in and out a dozen times in the next day or two. I will have to attach an extension cord as just the family room is 25 feet long, not to mention the long hall, the family room and the foyer.

Hauled the sewing machine out this afternoon and did some mending, shortened a pair of pants for Keith and finally hemmed the drape on one of the bedroom windows. It's only been a year - don't know why I was in such a rush.

Looks like a night of television for us but there doesn't seem to be a lot offered. Maybe I'll curl up with my book. I AM going to bed early - something I didn't do last night. I'm paying the price today.

No comments:

Post a Comment