Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Spring is here

The sun is shining brightly today and the temperatures are creeping toward 60 degrees.

I am always grateful that the winters here in the Ozarks are so much shorter than they were back in Wisconsin but any winter at all is too much. At least it kills off some of the unwanted brush and weeds and tend to take over any cleared piece of land they find. We've got just about every inch of our three acres under control. All that remains is an irregular patch about 40' x 15' that is so filled with rocks, I doubt I'll ever get it cleaned out. That said, it is the perfect place to toss MORE rocks as we encounter them.

We did loose some branches from our oak and hickory trees in an early February ice storm but I hired someone to clean up the bulk of them. He did a good job. The few that have come down since then are manageable.

With that said, I'm outa here. The sunshine is calling me!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment