Thursday, May 28, 2009

Time flies!

I'm always surprised when the time approaches to turn the page on the calendar that hangs on the side of my kitchen cabinet. Memorial Day came so early, I keep thinking it surely must be June already.

I'm feeling a little sad because a dear friend is moving away. I met Pat last year at an exercise class. She's originally from Milwaukee, Wisconsin but she and her husband came to West Plains, Missouri, via Arizona. Last fall, her husband died and she's been struggling with the upkeep of their house and the memories that are haunting her there. She put the house on the market and it sold in less than a week. It is a darling house, nicely decorated and updated and has a beautiful back yard. It looks like she'll head back to the Phoenix area as she doesn't like our cold winters, short as they are. I will miss her very much.

The boys (dogs) recently had their annual physicals and while Trouble is in perfect condition, Will has been declared overweight. Poor guy - he is such a picky eater, I guess I've been putting too much "good stuff" on his food to get him to eat. And I must confess, my going to the gym doesn't help them get the exercise they need. So, the gym is on hold for the summer and the dogs and are are walking about a mile and a half, twice a day. Early mornings, and early evening works best, temperature wise. I drive the car up to the Pomona Cafe and park in their lot. Then we walk up to the airport road and back. It's 3/4 of a mile one way so works out perfectly. I'm going to add in a trek down to the airport itself, about a quarter mile, so we'll be doing 2 miles, twice a day by the end of this week. It's good for Will and me, and will help Trouble build muscle since he doesn't have any weight to loose.

I recently moved my office furniture and computer out of our third upstairs bedroom and into the north end of the family room downstairs. The window in the bedroom faces west and the sun got so intense in the afternoon, I couldn't see the screen on the monitors after 2:30, and by 3:00 it got hot in there. It's great in the winter, but I'll have to look into a sun-blocking shade.



Keith has been having a ball on his John Deere tractor. I still haven't learned how to run it, and that's just fine with me. I've got my small garden tractor to mow around the house. We just bought a small hand-tiller, like a garden mantis but made by Craftsman. It's turned out to be a very handy tool. It's not too big for me to handle and not so small that it is useless.

No comments:

Post a Comment